- This event has passed.
Nailing a growth mindset: How to build resilience throughout your career
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
10 Digital Ladies is proud to announce our first event of 2019, ‘Nailing a growth mindset: How to build resilience throughout your career’. This interactive session will be hosted by 10 Digital Ladies co-founder Lucia Adams and our ‘One to watch’ 10 Digital Ladies award winner Roselene Thomas, and will include a 1-hour workshop breakout session exploring resilience with Frank Partners http://www.frankpartners.co.uk/ (who you may remember from our brilliant unconscious bias event last year).
Roselene Thomas is the Director & Founder of Thomas UK Consulting Services – a Software Testing company, covering both Manual & Automation Test for websites, mobile apps and other software products. Rose is an incredible, inspiring individual whose journey to being an Entrepreneur has been extremely eventful. What’s most striking is that she never gave up on her ambition of establishing her own company by working extremely hard and building up her own investment. Arriving in the UK from India at the age of 19 with a bag full of dreams, Rose completed her Masters in the Manchester Metropolitan University UK in 2011 with a scholarship and has always been passionate about being an Entrepreneur and starting her own IT Company. She now successfully runs her onsite team from Manchester UK and also holds an offshore team in Hyderabad, India.
Rose will be joined by Kirsten Duffill, employee engagement director at Nike and Anna Carus-Wilson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/anna-carus-wilson-2772a517/).
– Kirsten Duffill is the Employee Relations Director for Nike across Europe, Middle East and Africa. Kirsten leads a team of 15 whose existence is to zealously protect Nike’s culture. Based out of Nike’s European headquarters in the Netherlands, Kirsten hails from York in the UK.
Proud of Yorkshire roots, her career path hasn’t been typical and has seen her bypass pizzas, Parliament and employment law to bring her to where she is today. She waitressed at Pizza Hut while studying for A-levels and a law degree in Sheffield. Considering a career in politics, Kirsten went on to intern in the House of Commons with Nick Clegg (who of course, is following his own digital career now with Facebook – quite the reinvention!) before being offered a training contract with international law firm, DAC Beachcroft. After 6 years of practicing law, Kirsten landed her dream role with Nike in the UK (London) HR team. She relocated to Utrecht in Summer 2016.
– Anna is the co founder, along with Neil Bett, of Frank Partners. Anna looks after the relationship between Frank Partners and Nike, and worked alongside Nike to design and manage the Accountability program. Anna is a professional actor by training and background, and has spent the last 15 years developing programs for clients including Vodafone, News UK, Harley Davidson, Calvin Klein, Dyson, Shine TV, Ogilvy & Mather and Centrica amongst others. Frank Partners work in creative development, and as a team are a 25 strong bunch of dynamic, irrepressible, warm hearted associates, lead by Anna and Neil.
For the Nike Accountability program, the Franks worked in 11 countries and ran 128 programs in 10 weeks & trained 3,700 employees and managers.
Themes to be explored:
* How do you create an organisation that enables people to build resilience?
* What can the individual do to change the culture?
* To have the conversations that matter, what do we need to do?
* How do women find their way to speak their truth?